This time of year there is no tedious weeding, planting, watering or other time-consuming work that is very interesting for people of all ages. Clear paths of snow, and then warm up and drink fragrant tea infused with herbs in your home. The main thing is that there is warmth in it, which can be created, but not always easy.
Modern technologies, mastered in the production of building materials, allow you to choose any of them and build even a multi-storey summer cottage in a short time. Moreover, immediately with a well-thought-out heating system, designed and implemented not only independently, but also with the involvement of specialists in this field.
- Heating in old country houses
- Heating in modern suburban buildings
Heating in old country houses
Almost all the owners of summer cottages tried to build a stove or just a brick column. Not all of the nearest settlements are equipped with gas supply. In many places, during the winter, the power supply is turned off; metal pipes laid along the surface of the earth are used to supply water. It is clear that in such cases it makes no sense to talk about water heating in winter.
Coal and firewood are often used as fuel. But in brick ovens, the main disadvantages are the inability to obtain the desired temperature quickly and the need for regular heating of the oven at least once a day. Immediately upon arrival at the dacha, you will have to turn on the electric heater, if there is such an opportunity.
All kinds of brick ovens do not exist. With a stove, oven, numerous stoves for drying mushrooms, shoes, clothes, storage of seeds. Lined with beautiful tiles, the stove is worthy of being called the heart of the house. Is it possible not to come, even in a harsh winter, just to visit her.
The main elements in the construction of any type of stove are grates, views, cast iron plates, the installation of which is carried out by the stove operator in accordance with the project. They are always on sale and even in the case of repairs, they are easy to buy and simply replace.
The efficiency of the furnace depends on the size of the combustion chamber. A variant of the stove, used only for heating, is a Dutch woman with a long chimney. It is often built in the country. It definitely needs a foundation that goes deep, and not just built into the floor.
There are many projects of brick ovens with hobs, with a boiler, if there is a heating system. They are all good, but they take at least two hours to start dissipating heat into the house.
The oven is easy to maintain. The main thing is to stock up on time with the necessary amount of fuel, remove ash and clean the chimney from soot. This operation can be carried out very rarely, if you use the advice, burn an aspen log at the last moment of the furnace firing process.
This type of stove is a good alternative to a brick stove. Their advantage is considered to be fast heating and heat transfer from walls of different thickness, depending on the design solutions during manufacture. And also the possibility of installation simply on the floor without a foundation. Unfortunately, they quickly cooled down and the combustion process had to be maintained constantly.
Modern models of stoves have a beautiful appearance and serve as a real decoration of the house. They are reliable and can keep warm for up to 10 hours, as opposed to 3 hours with older models. This is due to the use of heat-resistant high-alloy steels.
The most popular are ovens:
- Stove. It is manufactured at the Teplodar plant and is used for heating small rooms. It can be used for cooking.
- Top Model. The design of the stove with two rows of pipes of complex shape allows you to create a powerful flow of warm air and quickly warm up the cottage.
- Teplodar Rus, Termofor Cinderella, Tatra 14.
- Vertical ceramics. In addition to good heating properties, it has a glass door through which you can look at the fire.
- Fireplace inserts Jotul, Tarnava. Their functions are the same as those of metal stoves, but the design corresponds to a closed type fireplace. The difference is the presence of a smoke collector, a gate valve and a forced convection system.
- Cassette fireplaces. The firebox for them is made of cast iron, in which cracks do not form, and they do not smoke like brick. Fireplaces are fireproof structures and quickly heat up the room.
These devices were always bought one of the first in the suburban arrangement. Many models with open heating elements are now only found in sheds and attics. Modern heaters are conventionally divided into 4 groups:
- Oil heater. The principle of operation of the most common device is to transfer heat from oil heated by an electric coil to a metal body. Modern models have the ability to use several modes of operation. The room does not heat up very quickly, but, working in an economical mode, with the support of a heated stove, it heats a small room well all night.
- Electric convector. Heating occurs due to the movement of warm air passing through the heating elements. The device is controlled by thermostats for temperature control. The device is switched on and off automatically. With their help, the room is quickly heated, which is very convenient to do immediately after arriving in the winter at the dacha.
- Fan heaters. The room is heated quickly, but they burn oxygen and their long-term use is not recommended.
- Infrared heaters. This is a modern type of electric heating, due to which not only the air is heated, but also all objects nearby. The heat from the devices comes immediately after switching on, but it is not recommended to be directly in the zone of its action for a long time. Among all the options for electric heaters, they are the most efficient.
Heating in modern suburban buildings
The principle of organizing a heating system for a summer house, thought out at the design stage of a house, is no different from heating systems for cottages and residential buildings. The decisive moment is the presence of heating mains. And they, as a rule, are not. The second difference is the implementation of an economical intermittent heating option rather than a daily one.
To do this, any system must provide: rapid heating of the room, the required area, drainage of water from the pipeline with water heating and have a high power for efficient heating of houses with low thermal insulation properties.
The heating system in the country begins with the installation of the selected type of boiler and piping the house. It is better to entrust such necessary work as preparing a room for a boiler room, organizing devices necessary for ventilation of solid-state boilers, installing a pipeline, starting up and testing it. The boiler can be electric, diesel, solid-state and gas.
There are hybrid boiler models that use solid fuel and electricity for operation. Their cost is much higher and they are not always profitable for a summer residence, where they do not live permanently in the winter. A wood-fired boiler is the easiest to tolerate temperature extremes in winter.
It also belongs to the category of economical options. The convection type of wood burning boiler is the most common. It has a low noise level, which makes it possible to install it in basements. A large selection of modern models of boilers makes it possible to use water heating more and more often.
When building a large summer cottage, it is the best heating option. Its essence lies in the possibility of constant circulation of water heated to the desired temperature through pipes to the batteries located in the house and back. For laying the pipeline, pipes made of metal, polypropylene or metal-plastic are most often used. They can be used for many decades only if they are properly preserved for the winter.
Another problem is the timely replacement of water filters, in the absence of which, the pipes are quickly clogged with various deposits of impurities contained in the water. As a heat carrier, not only water can be used, but also saline solution, glycerin, propylene glycol.
Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Glycerin, for example, does not harden and retains its flow properties even at temperatures of 30 ° C, which keeps the pipes from bursting. It is very expensive. Propylene glycol is not toxic, but in terms of specific heat capacity it is worse than harmful ethylene glycol. Due to the growth in the construction of summer cottages from modern materials, it is most correct to involve experienced specialists in the implementation of work on the implementation of your own heating system.
To keep warm in the country in winter, you must definitely choose one of the heating options. At the same time, a very important point is the advance warming of the house. Otherwise, the efficiency decreases sharply and the consumption of the used energy increases. And it will be difficult to keep warm.
Practical recommendations for organizing heating on video: