The climbing rose is the queen of the home garden. Flowers are considered the most popular type for vertical landscaping. The created hedge of this type of roses is striking in its beauty.
Plants go well with architectural forms, they are distinguished by long flowering and pleasant aroma.
- Let's get acquainted with the main plant varieties
- What You Didn't Know About Climbing Roses
- Features of the care of a climbing rose
Let's get acquainted with the main plant varieties
Climbing rose is a heat-loving plant, mostly flower bushes are grown in regions with warm climates.
If you want to see lush rosebuds in the summer, then experts recommend insulating them for the winter. Absolutely all climbing roses are divided into several types, and are famous for the presence of many varieties.
Climbing roses resemble spray roses: they have quite lush buds, flowers of various colors.
The plants resemble a small tree bush. This type of plant requires a support that you can make yourself.
Some growers plant a plant near a fence, a gazebo or a house, so the rose "captures" the plots, giving it a lush and weaving flowering.
The most popular varieties:
- Climbing rose Pierre de Ronsard - has a delicate, light pink color, with preferably small buds.
- Climbing rose called Hendel - is represented by dark pink, large buds and a medium-sized bush.
- Climbing rose Flamentants is the most popular plant of domestic flower growers, almost everyone has seen this plant variety. The rose has a red color, and bushes, 1-1.5 meters long.
- The climbing rose of Cordes has a beautiful coral shade, the height of the bush reaches one meter.
- Climbing rose Sympathy. The rose quite recently appeared in the garden of our growers, the bush reaches a length of 2-2.5 meters, the color of the bud ranges from red to light pink;
- Climbing rose Rosarium Utersen is a plant with vertical shoots, reaching a length of up to 2 meters.
- Climbing rose Polka - has a light orange hue, small buds, the bush reaches a height of 2-2, 5 meters.
It is these varieties of roses that are considered ideal for our climate. Experts recommend not to ignore preventive measures, and to treat the bushes of the plant with a special antifungal drug. You can buy it at any flower shop.
What You Didn't Know About Climbing Roses
The group of climbing roses, first of all, includes all roses that reach a height of 1.5-5 meters, have long and creeping shoots. Shoots of plants are bright green, they have small or medium-sized thorns.
The buds are small, terry, differ in a variety of colors. Flowers do not give a certain aroma, some varieties of climbing roses are distinguished by long flowering.
Climbing rose varieties begin to bloom in mid-summer, within one month. Most varieties require winter shelter, as they do not tolerate severe frosts.
The main groups of climbing roses and their features
The first group of climbing roses. What can be said about this group of plants? These are real roses, which are distinguished by curly weaving and long shoots, the reproduction of which is quite elementary.
The shoots are dark green in color, the thorns are slightly crooked and thin. The shoot can reach a length of really impressive size, namely from 3 to 5-6 meters.
Flowers are collected in inflorescence, flowering begins in the first half of summer. Duration of flowering is 30 days. The varieties of the first group tolerate a drop in temperature well and do not require additional shelter.
The second group was formed through the process of crossing between certain types of roses, including remontant roses, as well as tea roses and hybrid tea roses.
This group of roses, distinguished by repeated flowering, reaches a height of up to 4 meters, shoots are bright green, thorns are large, straight. Differs in high resistance during winter cold weather and temperature fluctuations.
The third group appeared due to the mutation of bush roses with large flowering. All varieties of this group are distinguished by slightly delayed flowering, the buds are very large, the shoots are powerful. The buds are visible due to the bright color.
Domestic growers are mainly engaged in planting the first group of climbing roses. It is this group of plants that has taken root well in our climatic conditions.
See if one of the climbing rose species grows in neighbors' gardens, parks, or near city restaurants. Very often, a rose is used as gardening for external decoration of a room. At the same time, caring for her, her moderate watering and circumcision does not give them much trouble.
Each of the groups of climbing roses requires special care. Therefore, you should not ignore tips for plant care. Remember that it is very important for roses to "overwinter", so provide them with a warm "shelter".
Features of the care of a climbing rose
Climbing rose is a heat-loving plant, so the area should be exposed to direct sunlight.
It is better if the "extra" draft and cold wind will not get on the site. Like any other plant, the rose loves moisture, but moderate.
Watering is best done in the evening. Experts say that it is necessary to water the plant 3-4 times a week. Better to give preference to water, room temperature, which does not differ much from the outside air temperature.
If the soil was fertilized last fall, then the climbing rose is not needed. Enough liquid organic fertilizers. This can be humus (cow or chicken droppings).
Some growers fertilize it with minerals during the flowering period of the plant. Remember, everyone needs to know when to stop, an overabundance of minerals can lead to root rot.
- do top dressing in rainy weather, there is a chance that minerals are better absorbed;
- the planting depth of the rose should be up to 10 centimeters;
- before planting, put the root in water for 12 hours;
- planting a rose is best in the autumn period
You can use climbing roses everywhere: arches, gazebos, private houses, fences, alleys. They look great in the garden, complementing it with new colors.
Whichever variety you choose, remember, climbing rose is a demanding lady, so do not forget about regular watering and feeding.
Video about preparing climbing roses in spring: