For many of us, indoor flowers are nothing more than an attribute of aesthetic beauty. When choosing them, we do not think about which indoor plants should be in the house, and which can only bring harm to health, especially when placed in the bedroom.
- Universal indoor plants
- Useful properties, use for diseases
- What flowers are scientifically undesirable to keep in the house
- Folk omens
- Which species can be kept in the bedroom and which cannot
- Feng Shui recommendations
- Plants for a children's bedroom
Universal indoor plants
There are a sufficient number of flowers that have beneficial properties for humans. Some are able to improve the energy of your place of residence, while others will provide timely assistance for certain diseases. Consider the main, common types at home.
It is a plant of the succulent genus of the Asphodelic family. It is also called an agave, since it is believed that in indoor conditions it blooms once every 100 years.
Like other types of flora, it can delight you every year. Due to the fact that it accumulates water with its leaves, it can do without watering for a long time.
It belongs to the genus of succulent plants of the Tolstyankovye family. He needs more careful care, since a lack of light or too high an air temperature can lead to a thinning of the stem, the death of leaves.
Abundant feeding and watering are the reason for the lack of flowering with the possible death of the Kalanchoe.
Sansevieria or pike tail
A perennial species of flowers of the stemless genus of the Asparagus family. She is absolutely unpretentious about rare watering or light, but can die from excessive water.
Hibiscus, or Chinese rose
It is a large shrub with brightly colored flowers. He needs a lot of bright light and heat, and as for humidity, moderate watering will be enough. Hibiscus is able to withstand a slight drop in air temperature, but it will lose foliage.
Monocotyledonous herbaceous plant. Its belonging to any family has not yet been determined with certainty. Caring for him does not take much time. He loves light bright, but diffused, the soil must be kept moist, the temperature is 10-25 C.
Unfavorable conditions for the life of Chlorophytum will not lead to its death, but will only spoil its appearance.
Useful properties, use for diseases
The need for Aloe is due not only to medicinal help, but also to the ability to release oxygen at night. The presence of certain substances in the tissues of the flower allows you to suppress the development of cancer cells, eliminate pathogens.
Fresh juice accelerates the regeneration of the skin and is used to heal burns, wounds, ulcers. Sabur is used as a laxative in the treatment of chronic colitis, gastritis, accompanied by low acidity.
Kalanchoe is recommended to be kept at home as a “home doctor”. Its juice has an anti-inflammatory effect and is an excellent remedy for the elimination of toothache, cough, rhinitis, and stomach ailments.
In gynecological practice, it is used to stop bleeding and eliminate nipple cracks.
It has been proven that Sansevieria neutralizes the fumes emitted by various synthetic materials (linoleum), enriches the room with oxygen, helps people with meteorological dependence stabilize pressure, and increase the body's defense against infections.
Its juice, broth have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects on skin inflammations, headaches, otitis media, intestinal disorders, diseases of the genitourinary organs, and the presence of worms. Sansevieria helps to cope with stress, increases performance.
Blooming will have a positive effect on respiratory tract infections.
Hibiscus, like the previous species, is a natural source of oxygen. Helps to clean the room from dust, relieve stress. As a medicinal component, it is used by traditional medicine to strengthen blood vessels, treat viral infections, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and gallbladder.
Chlorophytum is considered one of the most useful home colors, as it can cleanse the atmosphere of formaldehyde, which is part of thermal insulation.
What flowers are scientifically undesirable to keep in the house
Certain household representatives of the flora are capable of producing a negative effect on the human body, therefore, their appearance at home should be avoided.
Here are some indoor plants that shouldn't be kept at home, and for what reasons:
- Dieffenbachia juice is also very toxic and can cause burns when pruning leaves. Small children and pets can get serious poisoning if taken by mouth. Euphorbia has the same negative properties.
- The smell from the oleander blooms causes dizziness and a deterioration in well-being. When ingested, the juice can cause blindness.
- Croton juice, if it enters the bloodstream, can lead to a life-threatening condition.
- The most dangerous type of azalea is the Indian azalea. When grains of its leaves enter the body, intestinal colic begins with convulsions.
- Long contact with mimosa is not desirable due to the risk of hair loss, and then complete baldness due to the presence of toxic substances.
- Evergreen ivy is very dangerous for animals. For example, cats love to play with it, and if leaves or berries get inside, they can get severe poisoning with possible subsequent death.
- Adenium juice, like many other dangerous plants, leads to burns on the skin, poisoning.
- Monstera is not particularly dangerous, but its juice can also cause burns to the skin or eyes, and digestive upsets.
- When primrose blooms, the air is saturated with toxic substances, leading to nausea and dizziness.
- If particles of Steller's foliage enter the body, numbness of the vocal cords with subsequent swelling is possible.
- One of the trichocereus cactus species, with its aroma, is capable of causing hallucinations and paralysis of the nervous system.
Before choosing a representative of indoor flora, try to find out about its properties in advance in order to avoid health problems.
Thanks to the centuries-old observations of our ancestors, certain magical properties are attributed to various indoor plants:
- the presence of a cactus will attract money and save the owner from unreasonable spending;
- Dracaena Sandera was named "Lucky Bamboo", as it provides its owner with good luck and career advancement;
- A fat woman or a money tree, the leaves of which look like green coins, brings money, and a plant disease can lead to the opposite effect;
- Akkuba or Golden Tree favors the prosperity and development of existing talents, protects against ill-wishers;
- Zamioculcas is called the "Dollar Palm" because of the attraction of currency;
- Croton is considered a kind of defender of the house, as it provides harmony and allows the owner to streamline thoughts, relieve depression. There is a belief that a person who has bought and planted Croton will change his life in a year;
- with the help of Bamboo, you can transform negative energy into positive;
- Spathiphyllum or "Women's happiness" gives a groom to unmarried girls, helps couples to find happiness
But there are signs of a different kind:
- the presence of dry flowers in the house is not recommended due to the drying out of female beauty and energy, which can lead to discord in relations with a man;
- curly types of flowers are believed to push men to cheat;
- artificial flowers contain inanimate energy and are only suitable for a cemetery
Feng Shui recommendations
Fans of this Chinese art believe that indoor flora are able to energetically balance the aura of the owner and his home. To do this, it is worth placing them strictly according to the rules so that they not only feed the space with positive energy, but also enrich it with oxygen.
Special attention in Feng Shui is paid to the arrangement of colors according to the cardinal points:
in the southeastern sector, it is recommended to plant actively flowering and fruiting plants (Kalanchoe, begonia).
The children's room can be decorated with a white violet, which removes the aggression of the transition period.
A philodendron with dracaena or ficus located in the eastern part of the apartment will help to ensure the health of family members. It is recommended to put a monster near the kitchen table to improve the absorption of food.
The northeastern sector is considered monetary, so the fat woman belongs there;
it is better to install cacti on the northern windows, which help to calm aggressive people;
pink or red geraniums will fill the home with health in the south of the house, and azalea will give creativity. The spent 15 minutes. near a geranium flower will improve metabolic processes.
The southwest sector is preferable for chrysanthemums and hydrangeas. Their composition will establish both marital and working relationships; a pomegranate on the west window will awaken passion in the relationship of the owners; aloe in the northwest will give confidence and focus. Chlorophytum will provide the owner with energy in a difficult situation and improve the emotional state.
To eliminate negative energy, it is better to place flowers in large pots or flowerpots. For example, ficus and begonia are placed in large rooms, where there is a large crowd of people, in order to absorb negative emotions, filter them and transform them into positive energy.
The presence of bouquets devoid of roots only takes away energy.
Which species can be kept in the bedroom and which cannot
Everyone wants his bedroom to look not only beautiful and cozy, but also saturated with clean air to feel comfortable while sleeping. This can be achieved by placing certain types of indoor flora. It is best if they have soothing and bactericidal properties.
Chlorophytum is the most optimal for the bedroom. He is able to purify the air of a room of 10 square meters per day. m, 80% from pathogens.
Spathiphyllum also disinfects the airspace of the room and improves the well-being of its inhabitants.
Aloe is recommended to be placed in bedrooms with new chipboard furniture to eliminate the negative effects of this material. Its positive property to saturate the room with oxygen at night will give an additional positive bonus to the body.
For older people, it is desirable to have Kalanchoe, which will help in the fight against various diseases, and begonia will fill the room with a pleasant aroma.
A pot of geraniums or laurel will help from constant insomnia and internal stress, which will disinfect the air and saturate it with oxygen.
To prevent your body from being negatively affected during sleep, you need to know which flowers cannot be kept in the bedroom:
- If a fern or ivy is installed near the bed, then you will not be able to get enough sleep, you will become more tired and sick.
- Orchids, lilies or gardenias with a strong aroma should not be placed in the bedroom, as they can cause headaches, nausea, insomnia, which can lead to migraines and nervous disorders.
- Vampire plants are also not recommended to be placed in a sleeping place.
- Conifers can lead to mold growth.
When choosing a flower for a bedroom, try to study its features so as not to cause discomfort, as well as a painful condition for family members.
Children are little fidgets who are interested in everything. Not every child understands that it is better not to touch this plant often, darkness or bright light, high humidity are not suitable for him. Therefore, whimsical flowers for care should not be placed in the children's room, since the child can disrupt the growth conditions of the plant, which will lead to its rather rapid death.
If your child suffers from allergies or asthma, then the presence of any flowers in the room is strictly contraindicated for him, and placing them in large quantities will lead to the formation of a variety of fungi in moist soil, which will also negatively affect the child's health.
The nursery needs those species that release oxygen and eliminate bacteria in order to support their immunity. For this purpose, hibiscus, myrtle, eucalyptus, chlorophytum, balsam, tangerine, lemon will do an excellent job. They are quite unpretentious and will perfectly cope with all kinds of toxins.
Also, do not forget about dangerous plants, which, when ingested in a child's body, can cause poisoning or even more dangerous consequences. Therefore, such representatives of flora as ficus, azalea, dieffenbachia, in any case, do not place the baby in the room.
From all of the above, we can conclude that adding beauty to your home or apartment in the form of indoor plants is not so easy. To begin with, you should decide or consult with a florist about the usefulness or harmfulness of this species.
If you are a fan of Feng Shui, then it is worth studying the fundamental principles of the placement of these objects. The main thing is to immediately exclude from the purpose of buying plants that cannot be kept at home.
More details about plants that can be kept in the house and which are not recommended to start in it - in the video: