We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Carrots are an amazing vegetable rich in useful vitamins and minerals. The root vegetable is rich in fiber and carbohydrates, which are necessary for humans to maintain the normal robots of the body.
- Carrots, plant description
- What carrots it contains
- Beneficial features
- Carrot treatment, folk recipes
- What harm can excessive consumption of carrots do?
Carrots, plant description
Carrots are biennial plants. By the end of the first year, the root crop itself and the rosette grow, and only by the end of the second year seeds are formed. It grows almost everywhere, it is unpretentious.
The most common are sown carrots with orange or whitish roots. It is considered one of the first root vegetables that humans began to eat.
It came to the territory of Russia in the 16th century. At first, it was used as a medicine, recommending fresh consumption.
In order to preserve the beneficial properties of the vegetable, it was poured with honey for the winter. This tradition is still widespread today.
The usual, seemingly, orange color of carrots was introduced only in the 17th century in the Netherlands. Before that, a white root crop was common.
What carrots it contains
Before talking about the usefulness of this vegetable, it is worth mentioning the peculiarities of the composition of the root crop.
Carrots composition of useful elements per 200 g:
- Protein - 2.6 g;
- Fat - 0.2 g;
- Dietary fiber - 1.6 g;
- Carbohydrates - 14.4 g.
The vitamins that are part of the vegetable optimize the course of metabolic processes, purify the blood and increase the overall endurance of the body.
So what do carrots contain?
It is necessary for children, as it supports the normal course of the growth and development of the body. In addition, it has a positive effect on vision, the functioning of the immune system, slows down the aging process, strengthens hair and nail plates.
It has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system, eliminates headaches, fatigue and insomnia. In addition, it has an effect on fluctuations in cholesterol levels, has a general invigorating effect on the body.
It activates the production of collagen, which helps to maintain the beauty and freshness of the skin. In addition, it increases the defenses of the immune system.
Strengthens bone tissue, which is especially important for people with osteoporosis, the walls of blood vessels. Supports the normal functioning of the digestive system, muscles, minimizes the destructive effect of toxic substances.
Minimizes the negative effect of carcinogenic substances on the body. In addition, it maintains the freshness and firmness of the skin.
Carrots are equally useful both raw and boiled. An interesting feature is the fact that the level of keratin contained in it does not decrease after processing the product with high temperature.
In addition, not only the root crop itself, but also its juice is endowed with useful properties. It contains the same vitamins and nutrients as the vegetable itself. The amount of juice you drink should directly depend on the general condition of the body.
The systematic intake of juice has a beneficial effect on the work of the pancreas, respiratory organs, and other endocrine glands. In addition to a positive effect on the work of internal organs, it also affects nails and hair, increases the level of defense of the human immune system.
The vegetable contains many nutrients that make it an almost irreplaceable vegetable. So, for example, beta-carotene, which is contained in it, is an excellent substance for preventing the development of malignant neoplasms. At the same time, the lack of this substance in the body can lead to the development of cataracts, the formation of kidney stones.
In addition, the root vegetable contributes to:
- Normalization of the course of redox processes in the body;
- Regulation of carbon exchange;
- Solving stool problems;
- Stabilize the emotional background.
In addition, it is worth remembering that most of the beneficial trace elements are found directly in the skin. That is why it is better not to cut it off before use, but to wash it thoroughly under running water.
However, the beneficial properties of the root crop do not end there. So, for example a vegetable:
Due to the high percentage of iron, it will become an indispensable tool for the prevention and treatment of anemia.
A large amount of water, which takes up a large part of its composition, is useful for maintaining the normal functioning of the digestive system.
In large quantities, it has a laxative and antihelminthic effect; has a disinfecting and anti-inflammatory effect. That is why many experts recommend adding it to the menu for stomach diseases, burns and open purulent wounds.
- Suitable for the treatment and prevention of stomatitis and various inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity;
- With systematic consumption, it allows you to maintain and even improve vision;
- Promotes the dissolution of gallbladder stones;
- Helps to strengthen the defense of the immune system;
- It is one of the best means for losing weight, as it compensates for the lack of most of the useful microelements;
- It is a universal remedy for the prevention of gallstone disease, diabetes mellitus, heart attack and hypertension.
Carrots are a universal product in their properties. Due to the variety of useful substances that are included in its composition, it is suitable for the therapy and prevention of a number of serious diseases, has a general positive effect on the entire body as a whole.
Carrot treatment, folk recipes
The benefits of the root crop are beyond doubt. There are many recipes for traditional medicine in which a vegetable is involved:
- Slimming carrots - a kilogram of grated vegetable should be mixed with a tablespoon of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice and consumed as a salad;
- For oily skin, apply the grated root vegetable to the face and hold for twenty minutes, then rinse with warm water;
- In case of urolithiasis - grate medium-sized vegetables, after washing, but not cutting off the skin. Pour three tablespoons of the resulting gruel with three glasses of boiled water, let it brew for twelve hours. After that, the mixture must be filtered and drunk daily for a month;
- In case of burns, apply gruel from a fresh root crop to the damaged area. Keep it for half an hour. Suitable for the treatment of purulent wounds and inflamed areas;
- In case of diseases of the cardiovascular system, it is recommended to periodically drink a glass of freshly squeezed juice. For angina pectoris, it is recommended to prepare a mixture of a glass of boiled water and a tablespoon of seeds. Let it infuse during the night and drink half a glass five times a day;
- Against a cold - prepare a mixture of three parts of vegetable juice and three parts of sunflower oil, add one part of onion juice. The resulting mixture should be instilled three times a day until complete recovery.
Due to the richness of its composition, the root crop is used to treat many pathologies. However, do not forget that before starting self-medication, you should consult with your doctor.
What harm can excessive consumption of carrots do?
However, do not remember that, in addition to the beneficial properties, carrots also bring harm.
So, there are a number of contraindications to the use of this root vegetable:
- Ulcerative diseases and inflammatory processes of the digestive system
- Personal intolerance to the product.
- In addition, people with chronic gastritis or colitis should be cautious about consuming foods with this vegetable.
- In some cases, excessive consumption of the root vegetable can cause drowsiness, yellowing of the skin, migraines and even nausea. Therefore, consuming a vegetable should be dosed.
Carrots are a unique root vegetable with a rich composition of various useful microelements necessary for a person to maintain the normal functioning of the body.
It is often used in folk medicine for external and internal use. However, do not forget that in large quantities it can lead to unpleasant consequences.
You can learn more about the beneficial properties of carrots by watching the video: