The main advantage of the ryadovka poplar mushroom is the ability to prepare dishes from it that have a surprisingly pleasant smell and taste.
Salted and pickled preparations from this species retain its natural aroma, similar to the smell of fresh cucumber and flour, and fried poplar trees resemble the taste of truffles.
Let's find out more about the common poplar mushroom and the preparation of dishes from it.
- Mushroom ryadovka, description
- Dishes from the rows
- Mushroom ryadovka poplar, preparation for the winter
- Salting the rows
- Marinating poplar rows
- How to cook rows in a frying pan, how to fry mushrooms correctly
Mushroom ryadovka, description
Poplar mushroom is not the most popular prey for mushroom pickers. Many lovers of "quiet hunting" do not take it, considering it conditionally edible.
The reason for this is the ability of the fungus to absorb dirt and harmful impurities from the atmosphere. It is worth abandoning the poplar meadows growing near roads located at a distance of less than a kilometer from settlements.
The collection of safe poplar rows is carried out in remote places. They are most often found on sandy soils under poplars, aspens, nuts and in pine forests.
They grow in groups, forming rows or rings. If one specimen comes into view, then for sure you can find a whole clearing of its fellows around.
The people and reference books have many different names: poplar, sandpiper, frost, zabaluika, underfloor and sandstone.
The poplar can be recognized by the shape of the hat. This part of the young underfloor has a hemispherical shape; over time, it turns into a depressed one and becomes covered with cracks.
Color - brown with yellowness, gray, brick red. The pulp has a reddish tint with a powdery sweetish taste.
Poplar blades are thin, frequent. The color of young plates is white, cream and pinkish. In the old specimen, the plates are covered with reddish spots.
The leg is in the shape of a cylinder with a scaly surface. Leg size: 1-4 cm in diameter and 3-12 cm in length.
When searching, it will be useful to arm yourself with a stick in order to stir up the foliage, under which the rowers like to hide.
Due to the peculiarities of their growth, they are heavily stained with earth and decayed leaves. Therefore, before cooking, it is necessary to clean the underfloor with a brush.
Podtopolnik contains useful vitamins and minerals:
- minerals - phosphorus, selenium, calcium;
- acids - oxalic, tartaric, citric;
- natural enzymes that can break down and prevent the accumulation of fats and glycogen;
- vitamins of group B, vitamins A, PP, C.
- These substances speed up metabolism, normalize cholesterol and blood sugar levels, increase appetite, and have a positive effect on blood pressure and the work of the digestive tract.
Official pharmacology uses the enzymes contained in poplar pulp in the production of drugs for tuberculosis.
We offer you to watch an interesting video:
Dishes from the rows
Gourmets highly value poplar dishes for their taste and smell, reminiscent of cucumbers and freshly ground flour. To emphasize the natural taste of mushrooms, it is recommended to use a minimum of spices when cooking.
The peak collection of rows is in August and September. The collected podpolniks go through several stages of preparation, the longest of which is cleaning and soaking.
Bitterness is eliminated by keeping the peeled mushrooms in water.
Important: if you neglect thorough cleaning, then the cans will begin to explode, and their contents will rot.
Winter preparations, main dishes and casseroles are prepared from poplar trees.
Poplar row, preparation for the winter
For winter preparations, the product is imperatively soaked. This is necessary to remove the bitterness. The process takes 2-3 days and is carried out in a cool room.
If the water with mushrooms is kept at room temperature, there is a risk that poplar trees will ferment. The water should be changed at least 2 times a day.
After soaking, the product is processed by boiling according to the following recipe:
- prepare a weak acetic solution, boil it;
- boil the product in a boiling solution for 15 minutes;
- dip the onion cut into 2 parts in water and continue to boil for 10 minutes;
- drain and rinse with cold water.
After this treatment, the mushrooms are ready for pickling and pickling.
Salting the rows
Billets of boiled rows can be used for salting. They keep well until spring and longer. They have a pleasant taste and firm crunchy texture.
Each hostess has her own culinary secrets that make her dishes unique. The basis is always a classic cooking recipe.
For salting the rows, you need to take the following ingredients:
- 2 kg of boiled poplar,
- 3 glasses of water
- 5 tablespoons of salt
- 10 black peppercorns,
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 inflorescences of a carnation,
- 5 dill umbrellas,
- 6 blackcurrant leaves.
Preparing the marinade:
- all ingredients are mixed in a saucepan and brought to a boil.
The main stage:
- mushrooms are added to the boiling marinade,
- boiled for 15 minutes and laid out in jars.
The remaining space in the jars is filled with marinade to the top and the jars are ordered.
- hot cans are turned over with the lid down,
- wrapped in warm material and stand for a day until they cool completely;
- after cooling, the jars are turned over, stored in a cool, dark place.
You can eat pickles 40 days after the day of cooking.
Marinating poplar rows
Boiled poplar trees become fragile, so all manipulations with them must be careful so that the finished product in rolled up jars has a presentable appearance.
To prepare the marinade, you must take:
- 1 liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of salt and sugar,
- 4 bay leaves,
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 allspice peas.
The marinade is cooked for 10 minutes, then 2 tablespoons of vinegar are added to it and the jars are poured into which 1 kg of the boiled product was previously decomposed.
Next, the jars are sterilized for half an hour, closed with lids and allowed to cool.
Pickled poplar trees are stored in the refrigerator or basement.
How to cook rows in a frying pan, how to fry mushrooms correctly
To make a delicious fried poplar meal, you don't have to soak them. You need to clean and pour boiling water over them.
This is done in order to maintain elasticity and shape during further heat treatment.
The classic recipe for fried ryadovki requires the following ingredients:
- 1.5 kilograms of boiled mushrooms,
- half a glass of vegetable oil,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 onions,
- a bunch of dill.
Let's watch a video about cooking poplar ryadovka mushrooms:
- fry the onions in oil until golden brown;
- cut the cooled mushrooms into strips and fry separately from the onions;
- mix with onions in one pan, add spices, herbs, pour half a glass of milk or water;
- stew until water evaporates for 10-15 minutes and serve hot to the table.
Mushrooms in sour cream are especially tasty. To do this, add 200 ml of sour cream to the recipe at the stage of adding spices.
Poplar ryadovka is a mushroom with a unique aroma and taste.
Lack of popularity and its classification as conditionally edible should not deprive gourmets of the opportunity to enjoy original dishes.
Subject to the rules of collection and cooking, the poplar tree is completely safe and is able to please many mushroom pickers with its yield.